The sign up sheet for the 4 Wise Men Scramble will close on Thursday at Midnight. if you have not signed up for this event and wish to play then sign up ASAP. This event is now part of the MG Men’s Club schedule and is included in the Annual pay package.
An updated Tee Sheet for the upcoming Masters event is below along with a recap of the rules for the event
REMINDER: DO NOT USE YOUR Saturday TEE TIME currently shown in CHRONOGOLF – USE THE ONE BELOW!
2021 Masters Rules – The tournament proceeds rain or shine unless the course is closed
- This is a 2-day stroke play tournament in two flights; Hybrid tees and White tees
- WINTER RULES are in effect. Bare areas inside of 15 yards of the green to be played as Ground Under Repair. This includes areas “marked” as GUR and those not. Obvious areas on all fairways that should have been marked GUR and are not – are entitled to free relief once approval is obtained from playing partners as well.
- Ok to foot rake bunker, lift, clean and place where it lies. Ball in a deep rain furrow- place ball adjacent to the furrow, no closer to the hole.
- Bunker ponds – relief to nearest sand- no closer to the hole
- Standing water/ deep mud in the fairway – Relief: no closer to the hole is subject to approval of your playing partners.
- Embedded ball lost in the mud: with approval of playing partners play from nearest relief to the place the ball was most certain to have been lost.
- Ball in penalty area/fescue. Play the ball as it lies or take a drop from the point of entry into the penalty area.
- RCGA Handicaps from the cut off date will be used.
- Pace of Play target is 4 hours hrs. You must keep up with the group in front of you. Walk briskly, prepare for your shot or putt while others are taking theirs, play ready golf.
- Time spent looking for lost balls is not a reason for a foursome to fall out of position.
- All other rules will be governed by RCGA.
- Prizing: 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each of: Low Gross and Low Net in each flight. Low gross in the Hybrid flight is Masters Champion.
- If unsure of a possible ruling – play a second ball and record the scores for both
balls until a ruling from the Handicap/Rules Committee can be obtained.
Local Rules Marked and Unmarked Ground Under Repair
When your ball enters an area marked as Ground Under Repair – you “may” take a free drop under the appropriate provisions or play the ball as it lies unless not permitted by Local Rules. If your ball finds an area in the fairway that clearly should have been marked as GUR but isn’t, after getting approval of your playing partners, you will be entitled to proceed under GUR provisions. This only applies to fairways. If your ball is in the rough, unless the questionable area has been created by the grounds crew, you must play the ball as it lies. We extend exceptions to bare spots within 15 yards of any green fringe, whether in the fairway or rough as long as within 15 yards, that would have normally been marked as GUR under the Rules of Golf. In these instances you would be entitled to a free drop, no closer to the hole in either the rough or fairway. The area must be clearly established by you and your playing partners as being an area that would have been marked under tournament like conditions. Uneven or inconsistent grass would not qualify. Area in question must clearly be a bare spot where dirt is visible.