2021 Summer Open Rules – July 3rd and 4th
The fee for this tournament is $30 for pay as you go players.
This is a flighted tournament with Blue and White tees in play. At the time of writing 60%of players are from blue tees and 40% from White tees
Blue tees ($600): Low Gross – first through fourth, Low Net – first through fourth
White tees ($400): Low Gross– first through third, Low Net– first through third
Deuces win MGMC Srixon balls
KP’s win MGMC Srixon balls Saturday KP’s- White: 4&17, Blue: 7&13
Sunday KP’s- White: 7&13, Blue: 4&17
- Prizes will be in the Proshop on Tuesday following tournament.
- EACH GROUP IS RESPONSIBLE for posting their scores on the leaderboard in the lower members’ lounge.
- Sunday tee sheet will be prepared and posted on the website Saturday as soon as we can after the round.
- Summer Rules are in effect. The ball is to be played down with the exception of the Local Rule regarding embedded balls outside of a penalty area. Remember, the old 15 yard rule around the green is no more.
- All Fescue areas are Penalty areas and are to be played as such. The line is defined by the contour of the fescue cut and not a straight line between red stakes. Balls in the Fescue must be played “as is” if you elect to play it without taking penalty relief. You may touch the ball only to identify it.
- Bunkers- If your ball comes to rest in a footprint or club divot you may lift and foot rake the sand to the natural contour of the bunker then replace the ball in exactly the same spot. You may not create a sand tee or more favorable lie by changing the slope near or under the ball. That is a penalty.
- If unsure of a possible ruling – play a second ball and record the scores for both balls until a ruling from the Handicap/Rules Committee can be obtained.
- Target Pace of Play for this tournament is 4 hours and 10 minutes. Slow play is disrespectful to other members. Play ready golf and be prepared to hit your shot once your partner’s club strikes their ball.
- Groups over 4 hours and 18 minutes will be penalized unless they are tight to the group in front of them (within 8 minutes).
- If the Marshall gives a warning then your group is on the clock. Two warnings is a penalty.
- If you have a playing partner who is slow politely ask them to “move their ass”. eg If you have a player in your group failing to make his shot within 40 seconds of the time he should be able to play, you may assess them a slow play penalty for each infraction after two warnings. If no individual in a group is assessed a penalty and the group is slow, the whole group will be penalized. LPGA is now penalizing after 30 seconds.
- Multiple 3-minute ball searches or 100+ stroke rounds are not a slow play excuse.
- Penalties will be invoked by the Men’s Club Captain and Handicap Chair at their discretion.
- All other rules will be governed by RCGA.
The weather is going to be great so hydrate and enjoy!!
Dennis Thompson, Men’s Club Captain