Below are the groups and tee times for the upcoming Halloween Shamble event along with the rules and prizing.
GROUPS TEE TIMES AND CAPS
|2021 Halloween Shamble|
Halloween Shamble Tournament Rules
- Play from the White Tees
- Winter Rules are in Effect – this includes Local Rules pertaining to areas such as bunkers, leaves, plugged balls and others.
- Pace of Play – 4hrs
- All other rules will be governed by RCGA.
- This is a Modified Shamble Tournament. This is an individual Net/Gross Tournament with a team component. Groups of Four must use a minimum Two Drives for each player. Groups of Three must use minimum Three Drives for each player. After all tee off on a hole – select the best tee shot and all players proceed to the best tee shot selected. You then play your own ball in from there for the remainder of the hole. Record your own gross score for shots taken – including the one stroke for the tee shot selected. You must all agree on the same tee shot to be used. Majority rules.
- Handicaps have been adjusted as follows based on current unrounded RCGA Handicaps:
- under 10 handicaps have been allotted 50% of their caps,
- between 10-19.9 have been allotted 60% of their caps and
- 20 and over have been allotted 70% of their caps.
- This is based on the premium drives each player will be enjoying throughout the round and the proximity of tee to green. Players were tiered into four groups based on average driving distance and handicaps. Groups were allocated such that each group was allocated approx. the same advantages on the Teeing Grounds. Those with only three players were given only players in the first three tiers to attempt to make it fair. However, they must use one more required drive (9 vs 8).
- Prizing is for 1st thru 4th Place – Low Net and Gross. However, since you are also sort of working as a team, a sleeve of balls will be awarded to the other members in group whose participant finishes either First Low Net or Low Gross, since those group members no doubt aided in that player achieving their scores).