For the upcoming Club Championship tournament there are actually 2 events taking place for the men. The Meadow Gardens Club Championship Tournament and the MG Men’s Club Championship event.
To participate in the Meadow Gardens Club Championship Tournament you must sign up in the Pro Shop. The cost is $20 for all entrants.
To be eligible for the MG Men’s Club Championship event you must have registered for the Meadow Gardens Club Championship tournament and be on the Annual Prepay plan for Men’s Club. For the Annual Prepay members this event is included in their package.
Those members not on the Men’s Club Annual Prepay plan who have participated in at least one Men’s Club tournament this season, and have registered for the Meadow Gardens Club Championship tournament are eligible for the pay as you go option. The entry fee is $30 for this MG Men’s Club event.
Club Championship Tournament Rules
- Play from the Blue Tees
- Summer Rules are in Effect. The ball is to be played down with the exception of the Local Rule regarding embedded balls outside of a hazard. Bare areas inside of 15 yards of the green to be played as Ground Under Repair. This includes areas “marked” as GUR and those not. Those areas not marked are subject to approval of playing partners “prior” to taking a drop. Obvious areas on all fairways that should have been marked GUR and are not – are entitled to free relief once approval is obtained from playing partners as well. There is “NO RELIEF” given in the rough, except where permitted under RGCA and Local Rules and where marked as GUR.
Club Championship Bunker Rules
- Players may lift and smooth sand under the ball with your foot in every bunker
- You may not create a “tee” or mound to improve your lie
- Ball must be placed in the exact spot it was lifted from
- Men’s Club will be awarding prizing for First, Second, Third and Fourth Net/Gross for active Men’s Club members.
- A Deuce Pot is in play for Men’s Club members both days.Handicaps used will be RCGA Handicaps.
- Pace of Play – 4hrs 20 minutes
- All other rules will be governed by RCGA.
- You are to keep your score as well as that of one of your playing partners. On Saturday, take the score card with your name on it and exchange with one of your playing partners at the first tee. On Sunday simply repeat the process with a Blank Scorecard. Please ensure that the scores for each player match up prior to submitting your score card. Signed and Attested cards are to be brought to the Member’s area at the conclusion of play. These scores are to be posted as “Tournament Scores”.
- If unsure of a possible ruling – play a second ball and record the scores for both balls until a ruling from the Handicap/Rules Committee can be obtained.
- Playing or Practicing on any part of the golf course other than driving range and practice greens on Saturday prior to teeing off, or Sunday prior to Sunday’s round is grounds for disqualification, as per Rule 7(b). We will permit those who wish to play additional golf on Saturday “after” Saturday’s round.
- Sunday tee time groupings will be made up based on Saturday results.
- Measurement devices used strictly for determining yardages may be used in this competition. However, any device that can also determine other factors such as wind velocity, slope of greens etc. are prohibited and those found using such as device are subject to disqualification.
2019 Club Championship Tournament Winners
Low Gross – Steve Rice-Jones Even
2nd Low Gross – Kris Yardley +6
3rd Low Gross – Sean Yoon +9
4th Low Gros – Michael Uhm +15
Low Net – Sean Anderson -5
2nd Low Net – Chris Begg -4
3rd Low Net – Mas Watanabe -2
4th Low Net – Ron Dunsire Even
Heath Stone, Dennis Thompson x 2, Dan Walton, Sean Yoon, Mas Watanabe, Sean Anderson, Angelo Viani, Ron Dunsire, Danny Koriath, Minto Roy x 2, Kim Fordyce, Glenn Hara
Sean Anderson, Kim Fordyce, Michael Uhm, Bob Grant, Angelo Viani, Craig Anderson
Town Hall Dinner for 2 draw
2018 Club Championship Tournament Winners
Low Gross – Steve Rice-Jones +10
2nd Low Gross – Michael Uhm +13
3rd Low Gross – Ralph Altenried +18
4th Low Gross – Gord Lee +20
Low Net – Sad Thiara -Even
2nd Low Net – Glenn Shapendonk -Even
3rd Low Net – Adam Redfern +1
4th Low Net – Dale Constantinoff +2
Marcus Frew, Minto Roy, Chris Begg, Ralph Altenried, Steve Rice-Jones, Dennis Thompson, Danny Koriath
2017 – Steve Rice-Jones
2016 – Steve Rice-Jones
2015 – Steve Rice-Jones
2014 – Steve Rice-Jones
2013 – Minto Roy
2012 – Larry Valcamp
2011 – Jamie Carlisle
2010 – Rudy Friesen
2009 – Dwight Jones
2008 – Masa Takahashi
2007 – Iljin Kyung
2006 – Mark Tonello
2005 – Adam Karim
2004 – Ian Davies
2003 – Aaron Collier
2002 – Masa Takahashi
2001 – Mike Boyd
2000 – Jim Boyd
1999 – Henry Koivisto
1998 – Paul Sharp
1997 – Paul Sharp
1996 – Paul Sharp
1991 – Orest Strayski
1990 – Orest Strayski
1989 – Charlie Sam
1988 – Garry McLean
1987 – Orest Strayski
1986 – Jim Boyd
1985 – Jake Calihoo
1984 – Ed Curtis
1983 – Vic White
1982 – Robert Boise
1981 – V.White
1980 – C.Wells Jr.
1979 – Brian Wells
1977 – J. Smith
1976 – Arnold Stewart