Tournament of Champions and Wind-up sign-up sheet CLOSED
For MG Men’s Club players to be eligible for Men’s Club Tournament skill and draw prizes, you must choose one of these options Men’s Club Registration Info. The prize fee for this tournament is $20 for pay as you go players.
Tournament of Champions Rules
- All Men’s Club members are eligible to play in the Tournament of Champions
- Play from the White Tees
- Winter Rules are in Effect – this includes Local Rules pertaining to areas such as bunkers, leaves, plugged balls and others.
- Handicaps used with be RCGA Handicaps.
- Pace of Play – 4hrs 10 minutes
- All other rules will be governed by RCGA.
- Low Gross and Low Net players are crowned the tournament Champions.
- The golf will be a regular 18-hole stroke play tournament with groups selected as much as possible with folks from your regular cohort.
- After your round you’ll be served lunch from a 3-choice menu along with a pitcher of beer of your choice for your foursome in the Ivory room. The meal and pitcher are covered by your Men’s’ Club annual membership.
- Once everybody is in we will do the prizes for the day, some draw prizes and present the Glentel Cup winners, Shaw Cup winners and Match play winners for 2020.
- There will be a video commemorating our year and the traditional Moment with Minto to celebrate all that did and didn’t happen in this very odd leap year!
- First priority will be given to annual pay members. Space permitting, the pay-as-you-go folks’ fee is $40 for the golf, meal, prizes and festivities.
- It has been an interesting year and we hope you will be able to join us for the windup!
2019 Tournament of Champions Winners
Low Gross – Kris Yardley -1
Low Net – Sam Gandesha – 5
2nd Low Gross – Michael Uhm – Even
2nd Low Net – Glenn Shapendonk -3
3rd Low Gross – Heath Stone +1
3rd Low Net – Marcus Frew -2
Bob Grant, Brent Lineker, Heath Stone, Minto Roy
Avg. Low Net Team Prize
Champions 74.5 – Challengers 73.4
2018 Tournament of Champions Winners
Low Gross – Brent Lineker +3 (Retrogression)
Low Net – Glen Shapendonk – 7
2nd Low Gross – Steve Rice-Jones +3
2nd Low Net – Adam Redfern -5
3rd Low Gross – John Faris +4
3rd Low Net – Ron Dunsire/Chris Begg – 3
John Faris, Romeo Di Stefano, Glenn Shapendonk, Adam Redfern
Avg. Low Net Team Prize
Champions 71.5 – Challengers 71.9
Past Winners – Low Gross (Wind-up)
2016 – Minto Roy