Summer Open Sign-up Sheet is CLOSED
For MG Men’s Club players to be eligible for Men’s Club Tournament skill and draw prizes, you must choose one of these options from the Men’s Club Registration Info. The prize fee for this tournament is $30 for pay as you go players.
Summer Open Tournament Rules
- Play from the Blue Tees
- Summer Rules are in effect. The ball is to be played down with the exception of the Local Rule regarding embedded balls outside of a hazard. Bare areas inside of 15 yards of the green to be played as Ground Under Repair. This includes areas “marked” as GUR and those not. Those areas not marked are subject to approval of playing partners “prior” to taking a drop. Obvious areas on all fairways that should have been marked GUR and are not – are entitled to free relief once approval is obtained from playing partners as well. There is “NO RELIEF” given in the rough, except where permitted under RGCA and Local Rules and where marked as GUR.
- Handicaps used will be RCGA Handicaps.
- Target Pace of Play for this tournament is 4 hours and 10 minutes. Groups over 4 hours and 20 minutes will be penalized unless they are tight to the group in front of them. That means within 8 minutes of the group in front. Play ready golf. There is no penalty in Stroke Play for hitting out of turn. If you have a playing partner who is slower than the rest of the group politely ask them to “move their ass”. Slow play will not be tolerated. Multiple 3-minute ball searches are not a slow play excuse. Penalties will be invoked by the Men’s Club Captain and Handicap Chair at their discretion.
- All other rules will be governed by RCGA.
- Payouts will be for the best 4 gross scores and the best 3 net scores in each flight.
- Flights will be: High Handicap [TBA] and above, Low Handicap [TBA] and lower.
- The Deuce pot will be golf balls. High caps on Hole 13 both days. Low caps on Hole 17 both days
- Two scorecards are to be kept by each group, one paper and one electronic ( for the leaderboard). Because of the difficulties with the Golf Canada app some are experiencing we are returning to the paper copy as the official scorecard for the time being. Please ensure that the scores for each player match up prior to submitting your score card. These scores are to be posted as “Tournament Scores” in the Handicap Computer.
- EACH GROUP IS RESPONSIBLE FOR RECORDING THEIR GROUP’S SCORES ON THE SCORE SHEETS IN THE CLUBHOUSE, and depositing the paper card in the box provided. THANK YOU.
- If unsure of a possible ruling – play a second ball and record the scores for both balls until a ruling from the Handicap/Rules Committee can be obtained.
- Sunday tee time groupings will be made up based on Saturday results, with the top 4 low net scores in each flight and top 8 low gross scores receiving later tee times. All other groupings will be done pairing low and high handicaps.
2019 Tournament Winners
Low Gross – Kris Yardley +7
2nd Low Gross – Dan Walton +18 (Retrogression)
3rd Low Gross – Michael Uhm +18
Low Net – Minto Roy -3
2nd Low Net – Mike Yamamoto – Even
3rd Low Net – Keith Gill +1
Gavin Copland x 2, Yak, Sean Anderson, Ron Dunsire, Dan Walton, Joel Levene, Marcus Frew, Kris Yardley
Dan Walton, Joel Levene, Bob Grant, Victor Omaye, Yak
Town Hall dinner for 2 – Yak
Town Hall dinner for 2 – Sean Anderson
Town Hall dinner for 2 – Brent Goodrich
Golf Shirt – Kris Yardley
Modern Golf Driver fitting – Ralph Altenried
2018 Tournament Winners
Low Gross – Steve Rice-Jones +12
2nd Low Gross – John Faris +19
3rd Low Gross – Dan Walton +23
Low Net – Barry Ennis +1
2nd Low Net – Minto Roy +6
3rd Low Net – Marcus Frew +6
Marcus Frew, Minto Roy x 2, John Faris, Gord Lee, Ralph Altenried
Steve Rice-Jones x 2, Glenn Shapendonk, Minto Roy, Gord Lee
Past Winners ~ Gross
2017 – Steve Rice-Jones
2014 – Chris Gillard
2013 – Minto Roy
2012 – Minto Roy
2011 – Larry Valcamp
Past Winners ~ Net
2017 – Ken Nishi
2014 – Minto Roy
2013 – Joel Levene
2012 – Joel Levene
2011 – Kim Fordyce